A baking post for you and change from my sometimes silly tales. 🙂 the cake recipe courtesy of a blogger by the name of Lisa and her very own recipe, and you’ll of course be aware blackberries are in season in the UK at present.
So without further ado here’s a list of ingredients and method of making the cake (note it’s crumbly and a bit difficult to get out the tin) also I took a series of photographs to follow……….pictures always help in cook books and a video post will follow next.
275g soft brown sugar
245g self-raising flour
195g cold butter (cut into little pieces)
65g walnut pieces
2 medium sized eggs
350g of your freshly picked brambles!
1. Heat oven to 160C (fan)/180C/Gas Mark 4).
2. Add flour, oats and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Use your fingertips to rub the butter pieces into the mixture. (Try to use only your fingertips as you want the mixture to be in little pea-sized pieces.)
4. Add the walnut pieces to the mixture and stir until evenly distributed. Set 1 cup of the mixture aside for later.
5. Whisk the eggs and stir them into the large bowl of mixture. Spread this mixture evenly over the base of lined baking tin. (Just a standard size one, around 21cm if using a square time.)
6. Tip the blackberries over the top and then scatter over the cup of mixture you set aside.
Optional: sprinkle some caster sugar over the top prior to baking.
7. Bake for between 1 hour/1 hour 15 mins, until the top has turned golden brown.
Cut into squares and serve.
If you give it a go, I’d love to see your pictures and know what you think of the recipe!